Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Monday, September 12

Tending The Fire

  from Walled Gardens
 
  I have no argument
     for you, my friend;
  no matter how the fires of
     conviction burn within,
  I shall remain
     conspicuously calm,
  let others recommend the course
     of conversation,
  let them render
     judgment on us all:
  no less convicted,
     they of the open air,
  until the flicker of their flame
     surrenders to the wind.
   
  For you, my friend,
     I have no argument
  but the wind itself:
     may it ever fuel your dance
  and feed your soul
     and start your turbines turning;
  and that inner fire,
     may it be your self content:
  even as the wind begins
     to rage against you,
  may you ever keep your spirits
     trimmed and burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment