Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Tuesday, September 27

IV. The Road Home

  But when no one gave him anything,
   he started talking to himself,
  Questioning, remembering
   how servants working for his father
  Always had enough to eat,
   and bread to spare, he said, and here
  Am I, so far away from where
   I was, with less than I need to stay
      alive.
 
  I will stand, he said, and go back to
   my father. Father, I will say,
  I have sinned against the heavens, and you
   have seen me.  I have turned away,
  But now I fall before you, one
   no longer worthy to be called your son.
  Instead, I beg you, let me be
   one of the hired servants in
      your fields.

  And the son arose and started walking
   back towards his father’s place,
  But when he was still a long way off
   the father saw the suffering of
  His child and he was greatly moved.
   He ran to him with open arms,
  He fell on him with a strong embrace,
   he held him to his heart and kissed
      his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment