Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Monday, November 21

Peace

I clean my house
     the way I pay my debts
the way I find my peace:
     a little at
a time (a resting place
     in greener fields
now and then, forgiveness
     by the silent
waters).  So far,
     time's been good to me
but in the end
     I want to live to see
no more to clean, no more
     to pay, and PEACE,
such peace that passes
     understanding, peace
that supercedes
     my earthly needs
          and leaves
this tired world,
     this plodding pace
          behind.
I don't know if or when
     I'll ever find
that better place, but
     let me still
          believe
that if I serve my time
     and look for peace
a little at a time
     I'll be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment