Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Thursday, November 10

Nenikekamos!

to my brother Josh,
and from you to me


If every day is a gift
     it doesn’t seem fair
Whenever there has to be
    the days one must battle for
But let each breath that you breathe
    fill you with the air
Of revelry and the spirit
    of wanting to breathe it more.
Let every day you’re alive
    be given to you
And every battle you fight
    be an opportunity
To know the giver is good
    who sees you through
To celebrate your life
    and declare it victory.
 
Let every breath I breathe
    lead me to believe
In heaven’s hold with the spirit
    of wanting to breathe it deep.
Let every day I’m alive
    be mine to receive
And every battle that I survive
    be mine to keep.
Let me know the grace is good
    that sets me free
To celebrate the gift
    and declare the victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment