Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Wednesday, July 27

Filling In Blanks: Matins

John wrote: your random choice
for a moment of devotion, my sound request
in the midst of anger, sudden vespers
to escape the disorderly storm... and now
the soundless stream of consciousness
that flows into matins the morning after,
Where it is silent if not peaceful.  I write
as you quietly sleep. I read:
the Word, capital W.  I underline:
it is the Word of Life, capital L, made visible.
And I think of what I have learned,
what I would share, what I should write, small w,
that this journey may be complete.
I write, little ones, to you,
that your storms will be forgiven
because you would believe
in the creator and the forgiver.
I write, son and daughter,
that you will always be full of life
because your spirits within
have existed since the beginning.
I write to you, children,
that you never fear the path before you,
that you would walk beyond the darkness
and come to know the light.
I write to each of you now
that you always seek to be strong,
continually asking questions
and challenging the tangents,
but that you discover the Word
that has always been there,
follow the One who first forgave
and hear those morning words,
“Let there be Light.”
Beautiful spark, beautiful premise,
my children, children of God.
There will be anger and insolence
and there will be times of silence too,
but you, each of you, are beautiful
the way you complete my Joy
and help me fill in the blanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment