Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Wednesday, February 10

Warming Up

I don’t know when our world began
to melt away
                    but suddenly
we’re closer to each other than

we’ve ever been before.

                                   I see
each day a little
                           differently,
a little clearer
                        knowing that

I’m here with you;
                               I want to see
tomorrow even more.
                                   It matters
to me now.  It matters that

you’re here with me,
                                  that we can feel
the fire of the same sun setting

on a distant shore,
                            that we’ll

have this,
                as days turn into years,
to share,
               as distance disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment