Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Thursday, February 25

Every Rhythm

One from itself is none, the self defying gravity...

Every rhythm in my living soul,
Ever since I first became aware
Of rhythm resonating in the air
Around me, beats the passions that I feel
For you, and I am moved beyond control.

Everything I sing the wind will carry,
Every rhythm resonates to where
You are, and I begin to feel your soul
In harmony with mine, as from the start,

As all that is about to happen has
Forever been: two lovers meet in time
And find they share a purpose, find their hearts
In synchronicity and find their rhyme,
As poetry precedes the poem, as....

  There was a song before this song
  Was sung. There was a rhyme
  Before these words were ever heard.
  There was a place and time
  Before we found our here and now,
  And there was poetry
  Before we wrote our poem down.

No comments:

Post a Comment