Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Thursday, February 4

Moleskin 1.5: The Serenity Prayer

Serenity: now there's a prayer! A wish and a word: I might as well fly to the top of the world or trudge across vast deserts.  I could just as easily become one with this big river.  "Calm down," says the ferryman.  Yeah, sure, easier said than done.  If peace were as easy as pausing I would stop everything and let this water flow.  To know serenity, santi, salaam, shalom, I should not trouble you, or myself, with these opening chapters or the easier pages of this story.  Let me skip right to the faith and love and healing; let me sit down, close my eyes and surrender.  A wish and a word, to accept the things around me just as they are, to not be afraid of the world I'm in, to find my perch a few miles out of town.  A prayer, even before I confess my faith, before I know what to believe. Here, at the beginning of my story: serenity!

No comments:

Post a Comment