Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Tuesday, October 25

The Dance

I never knew how lucky a man could be
‘Til I met you and asked if you’d dance with me
And you agreed and said with a smile
You’d had your eye on me for a while.
You’ll never see a man as happy as me.

And then when you began to dance with me
I never knew how lovely the dance could be:
The way you moved, and move me still,
The way it feels you always will,
The way you hold me close and set me free.

I could keep dancing all night long with you.
I want to fall into the song with you.

And I never knew how perfect a song it was
Until the music started to carry us
Across the floor.  They may never see
Two lovers more than you and me
In tune, two dancers happier than us.

I want to make you as happy as you make me,
As happy, as lucky and loved and moved and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment