Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Tuesday, May 24

Rumination

from Walled Gardens

I cannot wrap my mind
around God’s ways. I cannot comprehend
the shape of God, nor deign to understand
the details of God’s intricate design,
though I would try.

I cannot stretch my soul
around the grace of God. I cannot hold
the scope of God, delivered and revealed
so perfectly within my failing field
of vision. I am blind,

and yet I see
that God occurs to me as God allows,
despite these thoughts that drag their mortal chains,
beyond these dreams that lag reality,
and though my span of reason God restrains
God’s wisdom will prevail.

Within God’s house,
my reason is a guest; as God allows,
a servant soul invited to the host’s
parade; a child perpetually enrolled
in the master’s school, rewriting what’s assigned
with a crooked scrawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment