Subtitle

A CONFLUENCE OF DAYS, WEEKS AND YEARS

by Jonathan Vold

Saturday, April 16

Earthworm Theology

from Walled Gardens

God knows what depths and shallows
each soul can navigate,
the draught of every creature. God creates...
– Sanai, tr. Coleman Barks

...and through this sacred rhythm
I come to appreciate
that everything is sacred. God creates

and bestows each godly wisdom
within. There is no mind.
Another knowing lives outside of time,

beyond the basic neurons
that spark our mortal fire,
above the carnal pulse of our desire;

nor can I have desire
of such capacity
to wish for all that God has given me.

Before this altar silence
becomes my eloquence
and emptiness my path to sustenance,

and I will find tomorrow
connected to today,
and I will learn to celebrate the way

that God has set before me,
this day, my daily earth,
the life I live, the wisdom I am worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment